Sunday, December 24, 2006

East of Eden

Did you ever wonder how Adam and Eve felt everytime they looked west at the Garden of Eden and saw what they once had and compared it to what they had now? Ever since Maits received her Macbook and I got her "old" ibook to fix it up so we could sell it, I've become a believer in Apple again practically overnight.

It didn't take long for me to start tinkering with OS X, downloading and installing apps, etc. before I realized that I've always been an Apple user and it's only right that I should return to my roots. The very first computer I ever used was an Apple IIe (but somewhere in the middle of everything I got sidetracked onto PC's and Windows). Check out my rich history with Apple:


So as soon as I buy my new Macbook, I will have come full circle and returned to Eden. And those who still think that the forbidden fruit Adam ate was an Apple don't know the truth. Read Genesis again.

(btw, i still have that old Apple IIc and it still works!!)

8 comments:

falafelles said...

you ate too many apples! way too many!


yay!!! macbook black!!!

Unknown said...

and you ate too many jiminis!

MadMuse said...

Yeah, I'm an Apple baby too that married a PC person who troubleshoots everything. I have my own personal Help Desk at home so I feel comfortable staying with the PC for now. Maybe someday... :) Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Unknown said...

thanks, pia. blessings to the mena family too!

Anonymous said...

Wow Joel! This is such a departure for you. I can still remember when you were vehement about Windows vs. Apple like 3 years ago. I'm all agog...

Buti ka pa you're so techie. I have a Mac but I know very well that I'm not using it to its full potential. Wawa sya. I'm sure it's feeling a bit frustrated. Hehe...

And hi Pia! It's Lorna Lopez from Lion. Happy holidays to you and your whole family!

Eli said...

Ehem.

Unknown said...

hahahaha. believe it or not, i'm actually one of the first people in the philippines to use a mac, back in the days when DPSI was the only authorized apple dealer in the country.

MadMuse said...

DPSI??? My first job was with them in PR. :) That's why I became a MAC aficionado because of them. :)

HI LORNA!!!