Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Sowing Seeds

From The Message:

The Master, GOD, has given me
a well-taught tongue,
So I know how to encourage tired people.
He wakes me up in the morning,
Wakes me up, opens my ears
to listen as one ready to take orders.


This was the first thing I read yesterday as soon as I woke up and its amazing how spot on it was because it was exactly the words I needed for the day. I took a friend to lunch and we were talking about how tiring all the pressures of life can be, and I was glad for a chance to speak words of encouragement to someone who needed to hear them.

Even in difficult times, God has given me so much that I now have plenty to give away to those around me. He gave me a specific instruction to share a certain amount to another friend of mine and I was immediately willing to do it. There is nothing that can surpass the feeling of helping somebody out especially when you know they can't repay you. Just reading the text I got that said, "your odedience is my blessing" spoke so much life to my spirit.

The thing about it is I was happy to sow those seeds of blessing into other peoples lives and I look forward to the future when the little bit of help, encouragement, trust, and joy that i've given becomes a harvest of wellness and strength and success in them.

No comments: