Monday, April 17, 2006

The Gospel of Adam

With all of the attention being given recently to the gospel of Judas and the gospel of Magdalene (which the Da Vinci Code is based on), I would like to present to everyone the Gospel of Adam. Well, not the Adam in the Bible, but Adam Sandler.

A couple weeks ago, I was watching 50 First Dates with Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. Because of an accident, Drew's character can only retain new memories for one day, so she always wakes up the next morning forgetting what happened yesterday.

There was this one scene where she asks Adam Sandler who he was and he says, "I'm the guy that makes you fall in love with me again everyday". I've seen this movie so many times and yet when I heard it this last time, BAM! It just hit me: It's the same way between God and me. He shows me everyday how much He loves me and yet it seems like I keep forgetting it everyday and yet He never gets tired of showing me again each new day that comes.

The unfailing love of the Lord never ends
His compassion doesn't fail
They are new every morning
Great is His faithfulness


I want to get to that place in my life where I never forget what God has done for me and when He greets me again in the morning, I WILL REMEMBER. And just like Him, I want to be that man who will be so faithful to a woman that I will keep making her fall in love with me again and again, every single day. That to me is the Gospel of Adam.

3 comments:

The White Rabbit said...

gee...i wonder if Adam Sandler realizes just how profoud he is. Great insight! I've seen this movie and I never thought of it this way. Thanks, Joe!

Unknown said...

thanks, jen. it's really amazing whenever you have that moment of clarity that lets you see things in a new way.

Eli said...

I knew I was onto something when I once said I was going to marry someone like Adam Sandler.

Thanks for the insight on one of my favorite movies :)